If you don’t like spending too much time in the kitchen, then you may be glad to know a convection oven will reduce the amount of time you spend making a meal significantly. That’s just a tip of the iceberg; there are many benefits to purchasing a convection oven as outlined below:
- Save Time – Obliviously the fact that a convection oven can cook food quicker by extension means that you’ll save a great deal of time making meals. Unlike standard ovens, convection ovens have a fan that rotates hot air around the food effectively reducing the amount of time it takes for the food to cook. On average, a convection oven cooks food 25% more quickly than a traditional oven.
- Save Energy – When compared to a traditional oven, a convection oven uses heat in a more efficient manner. A convection oven requires lower temperature and shorter time to cook food. A recipe that would take an hour and 350 degrees to cook using a standard oven would take 45 minutes and 325 degrees to cook in a convection oven thereby saving you energy and money.
- Better Flavors – When you cook food fast, you produce better flavors. A convection oven uses hot air to allow you to attain an even and consistent brown on cookies and roasts which means that the food’s original taste will be preserved. Meat browns much faster and is more juicer when cooked in a convection oven. Roasted vegetables caramelize faster and are tastier if cooked using a convection oven.
- Uniform Results – The heating elements that are placed near the food contribute to evenly cooked food. However, in a convection oven, the heat is blown by the fan evenly allowing the food to cook evenly.
- Cook More at the Same Time – Faster cooking times means you can cook more food at the same time that you would have if you used a traditional oven. You can also fill the oven with a number of pans, which will significantly reduce the amount of time need to bake separate batches of cakes. In addition, the amount of food will in no way interfere with the heat reaching the food.
You need to make the correct adjustment to your unit so as to maximize the benefits of purchasing a convection oven. Most ovens come with a user guide that will help you on the same.